Thursday 16 February 2012

This one's for you Whitney...

Hello!

What a long long week it has been! Roll on 5pm tomorrow! The stress of this week really helped me on my regular Tuesday run this week though so every cloud and all that...

Tuesday morning rolled around and my running buddy had told me that she wouldn't be running with me. Strangely the feeling of panic I would have expected when told I will be running solo didn't arrive. Surely this was a good sign...and it was.

I felt motivated and ready to run. Tuesday had been a glorious day in Sheffield and that led to a lovely evening for running. I even created a playlist for the occasion. Highlights of this included Backstreet Boys, Whitney (as the title suggests) and the Vaccines (actually it's probably not fair to lump the Vaccines together with the Boys and Whits) Off I set. I walked down to my starting point and had Nike + all ready to go. Off I went. My pace and breathing felt good, even my stride felt longer than usual. This was good, better than usual and dare I say it...possibly the best I've ever felt as I've set off for a run.

One lap completed and I knew I had one more lap of my route to complete to hit my target of this week. I thought the mental issue of going past my starting point without actually stopping would really be a challenge but amazingly I didn't give it a second thought. By the time I reached the hill of my 2nd lap I had started to flag a little but then Whitney Houston, Step by Step started on the playlist and that was it, cheesy as it sounds I listened to the words and thought that's all I have to do "taking it step by step" and that's what I did and that's what got me through and helped me achieve 6.39k.

As I approached my end point my spirits were high and I was eager to check Nike+ to see if my suspicions that it felt like a good run would be confirmed with my total time and calories burnt. Imagine my disappointment then when I realised I actually forgot to press go on the Nike+!!!!

ANNOYING!!!!!!!!!!!

I was so mad with myself but it still felt good. The next day at work I was a loser and looked up all the songs on my playlist (my run took as long as my playlist) and added up the total time. THank you amazon! I was chuffed, I did it in 41 mins 41 secs! Not bad for a girl that's been running 6 weeks.

Just as a treat and a tribute to the lady herself here she is...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWa5vE4MUpU&ob=av2n

No comments:

Post a Comment